Concrete5 is a content management system. Concrete5 is completely free software and licensed under the MIT Software license. Concrete5 is an open source program. So anyone can use it and change it.
Making and maintaining a web site with concrete5 is very simple. You can make any kind of web site with the concrete5. You can have small business web site, e-commerce web site or any newspaper of online magazine web site, concrete5 make it very simple to add/edit web pages in your web site.
Making changes in concrete5 is very easy. You can edit your web pages in web browser. Just click on edit button, make changes and save changes. Your web page is now changed.
Install Concrete5 on HostGator Account
You might not be aware of this but hostgator provides quick install feature by which you can install many open source softwares. Hostgator allows installation of concrete5 through quick install feature. Just follow the following steps to install concrete5 on your hostgator account.
1) Login to your cpanel. Click on hostgator quick install button which you can find under Software/Services section.
2) Select the concrete5 from the left navigation toolbar. Concrete5 is under CMS software section.
3) Click on Continue button.
4) Now you will be asked where to install concrete5. Just select the domain and give the directory name where you want to install concrete5. You also need to give your admin email address and site title. Just fill in all the information asked and click on ‘Install Now’ button.
5) You will be shown the process of installation.
6) Once the installation is complete, you will be given the admin password. Please take a note of this password and keep it safe. Although hostgator sends password details through email, sometimes the email may not reach to your inbox or may end up in spam box. So it’s better to keep a note of password.
Now you have successfully installed concrete5 software in your hostgator account.
Uninstall Concrete5 from HostGator
Once the concrete5 is installed, I don’t think that you will need to uninstall it. But in case if you need to uninstall the software, you can easily do that.
Click on “Manage Installation” button on top. Click on the cross button and the concrete5 will be uninstalled.
Now try this yourself and enjoy the modern CMS system - Concrete5.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home